Check out this article from Vegan Health & Fitness Magazine featuring Doyle Wolfgang Von Frankenstein and his girlfriend, Arch Enemy vocalist Alissa White-Gluz. They discuss vegan health, their careers and upcoming projects.
Read the article HERE!
Doyle’s recipe for SEITAN, or as he calls it “Satan.”
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 90 minutes
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 3 cups of vital wheat gluten (SEITAN)
- 1 1/2 cups of nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 Tbs garlic powder
- 1 1/2 Tbs onion powder
- 1 1/2 tap of smoked Paprika
- 2 1/4 tsp of sage
- 2 1/4 cups of vegetable broth and 3/4 of a cup of water, OR just 3 cups of water to avoid sodium
- 3/8 cup of organic ketchup
- 3 Tbs olive oil
I add a lot of oregano and black pepper as well, and a splash of “Doyle Wolfgang Von Frankenstein’s Made-in-Hell Hot Sauce!” This ingredient is optional, depending on how hot you think you are.
- Preheat oven to 325F/ 165 C.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl, then slowly add the wet ingredients to the mix with clean hands.
- Let it firm up into dough, sitting out on a cutting board or a plate for several minutes.
- Shape into a tube or log form, wrap in tinfoil and cook for 90-minutes, placing the tinfoil wrap directly on the oven rack.
- Turning it over about halfway through the cooking (at about 45 minutes in).
- Let cool and enjoy! HAIL SEITAN!